Subject: Re: Half-topical: Thinkpad bootable from CD?
To: None <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <fessel@DeTeMobil.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/17/1999 18:45:10
--==_Exmh_-1624188472P

In message <199903171640.KAA22660@guild.plethora.net>you write:
> In message <19990317173827.36922@antioche.lip6.fr>, Manuel Bouyer writes:
> >>From your previous mail I guess the kernel detected a wd1 hard disk which
> >doesn't exist, rigth ? If so, this should be fixed in -current.

The problem is, it detects a wd11 (eleven), and that is the problem, because I
don't think we support wd11 (do we even support wd2 at wdc0?).
I don't know why the cd pretends to be wd11, that may be because of some
strange mapping in the bios.  I ran into the same problem but did not spend
much time on investigating given the fact that IBM doesn't freely give out
BIOS specs for ThinkPads (I just tried to locate docs on the web, din't ask a
representative).

Grüße
        Oskar

--==_Exmh_-1624188472P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBNu/qJbA63tqjeAhZAQEprwQAhfSoXMnvnE6XIQSA3/hoDrm/cMDrw5gf
TifH2ymvhYhXlVzT8eH6LK2j7OoShNmh4qXf+4tq9jVWVqKv7qvMpmwJsNSuvqch
GbQqQEXz9IUF+oybdJhNXGRh/nIeHUGjIh/1tI9pzHKWdxqrNOcTp/nFk2Is8y+G
Mtjg0Z1cgbE=
=9IjS
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_-1624188472P--