Subject: Re: Building a gateway
To: NetBSD port i386 <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/17/1999 02:45:33
[ On Tuesday, March 16, 1999 at 18:40:38 (-0500), Mike Pelley wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Building a gateway
>
> Ipnat does not pass ICMP traffic (at least on 1.3.2/i386), so ping from your
> inside network to the outside won't work.

I'm not sure when IP Filter's NAT began to work properly with
NetBSD/i386 and pass ICMP echo-requests and their corresponding replies.
It does work OK by 3.2.7, and it certainly should work in NetBSD/1.3.3
(which includes 3.2.10).

Of course you do need to ensure that the NAT is mapping ICMP packets,
but the rules Eric is using should do that.

--
							Greg A. Woods