Subject: Re: USB->PS/2 adapter
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: None <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/16/1999 16:55:13
In message <Pine.SOL.3.96.990316175216.24499B-100000@bitter.mit.edu>, mcmahill@
mtl.mit.edu writes:
>whats weird about the PS/2 ports?  You're saying you want to connect the
>PS/2 keyboard to this cable adapter then to the laptop USB?

Yup.

It's a ThinkPad, so to connect a PS/2 keyboard, I have to put on a special
splitter, and then connect the keyboard to one of the ports on that (and
the other one won't work), and the splitter tends to be loose, so the keyboard
cable falls out easily.

Also, as time goes on, since USB is hot-swappable, I can have one of my
expensive keyboards shared among a bunch of machines.

(Kinesis keyboards are weird $200-250 ergonomic boards.  Wonderful, and I
can't live without 'em, but I wish I could use one board on more computers.)

-s