Subject: Re: dhclient
To: Eric Delcamp <e.delcamp@wanadoo.fr>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@isc.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/15/1999 17:32:54
> -2- I want ep1 be my default route. By default, I think it's the case, but
> after getting an address, I could not access my internal network.

You need to tweak your /etc/dhclient-script to not set a default
route.   This should be configurable, but currently isn't.   Sigh.

> -1-If the dhclient failed for some reasons, there is an old file
> '/etc/resolv.conf', created by the previous run of dhclient. If this bad
> file is present, I couldn't access to the machine (this box has no screen, I
> log in via telnet).

If you are doing name resolution internally, you probably don't want
the client to install an /etc/dhclient.conf anyway.   In -current, you
can disable this (man dhclient-script for details), but in 1.3 you
can't.   The client in-current should build on 1.3, though.   The only
catch is that the -current Makefile is slightly broken on 1.3 and will
build shared libraries, which shouldn't really affect you, but wastes
some time.

			       _MelloN_