Subject: combo 100baseT & V90 56kbps PCMCIA card needed for NetBSD
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@internetpaper.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/12/1999 02:00:23
--------------26BF660D0D8F68614287A838

Greetings:

I have a few laptops running NetBSD 1.3I, with single PCMCIA slots
and useless win-modems.  Since I need connect these laptops to
100baseT ethernet lans, and get remote Internet access through a
modem, does anyone know of any single PCMCIA cards supported by
NetBSD that has the following:

	100 base T ethernet (100Mbps lan)
	V90 56kbps modem

I tried the 3Com Megahertz 10/100 LAN+56K* Modem PC Card (Model
3CCFEM556B) on NetBSD, but I could not get it to work.  I suspect
that it is a cardbus card.  Since this is the only 3Com/Megahertz
card with 100baseT & V90, perhaps some other PCMCIA card, such as
the MB8696x or some card with NE2000 support) can meet my needs.

I am more than willing to buy any card capable of 100baseT & V90,
as long as it runs under NetBSD current.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.
Sincerely, Alicia.
--------------26BF660D0D8F68614287A838

begin:          vcard
fn:             Alicia da Conceicao
n:              da Conceicao;Alicia
org:            Internet Paper Inc.
adr:            121 Richmond Street West, Suite 1104;;;Toronto;Ontario;M5H-2G4;Canada
email;internet: alicia@internetpaper.com
title:          Senior Writer
tel;work:       416-860-9378
tel;fax:        416-860-9380