Subject: Re: sb0 and 1.3.2
To: Dave Burgess <burgess@neonramp.com>
From: Rene Hexel <rh@idle.trapdoor.vip.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/08/1999 13:54:28
Dave Burgess wrote:

> The 'not configured' part isn't the problem - it's a red herring.  The fact
> that it reported the sound card means that the device was probed and
> attached.

  I'm afraid, I have to disappoint you here.  With PnP devices (on
isapnp/pci/pcmcia ...) this simply means that a PnP device was
identified.  'not configured' in this case means that no driver was
configured to actually make use of the identified device (in most cases
because of a missing driver).

  Under NetBSD-1.3.2 the Creative ViBRA16X PnP (CTL0043) is not
supported.  There is support for this card, however, under
NetBSD-current.

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene