Subject: Re: Sound in 1.3.2
To: None <dbsaint@bellsouth.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/03/1999 22:35:43
On Wed, 3 Mar 1999 dbsaint@bellsouth.net wrote:
> when I boot, I get the following messages for my sound card < chip >
>
> isapnp0: <CMI8330/C3D Audio Adapter, @X@0001, , > port 0x220/16 irq 5 drq 1,5 no
> t configured

> does this mean that it can be configured to be used ? I never had any luck with
> this chip in linux. but netBSD just picks it up everytime < with the GENERIC
> kernel > does anyone have any pointers for me to configure this device so i can
> get sound ?

I believe this card is supported in NetBSD-current... you may be able to
get it working with NetBSD 1.3.2 though; when you boot the GENERIC
kernel, do you see anything about sb0? (i.e. something like sb0 at isa0
port 0x220-0x22f irq 5 drq 1 drq2 5) If so, you may already have working
sound... download or compile some sound player utility and try it out :)
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 23 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++