Subject: Re: ahc lossage on SOYO motherboard
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Matt <spore@psibercom.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/26/1999 09:33:17
> You can get a bit more information out of ddb at this point..  for
> instance, try "print %edi" to print the value of the %edi register,
> which I believe contains `scb'.
>
> Random speculation, done in absence of facts...
>  - Maybe it lied when it said it only has one SCB ..
>
>  - Maybe it really only has one SCB and, as a result, the scb_index it
> gives you is garbage because, umm, "there can be only one..." ..

thanks for the info Bill, I'll see what I can dig up when I get home.  The
annoying this is, there was an Adaptec AIC7xxx mailing list at one time
(circa 95-97) which is now AWOL it seems.  I even got a hit on a post
entitled "Re: # of SCBs" which I can't find.  ack!  :)

-matt

Matthew at psibercom					spore@psibercom.org
                 + Nyquist Theory and Soul Management +