Subject: Looking for system monitoring daemon
To: 'port-i386@netbsd.org' <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/24/1999 03:38:45
I'm looking for a program that will log system activity and be able to
report on historical data. For example:

Maximum nuber of precesses observed and when
Maximum usage of swap space observed and when
Maximum number of open files observed and when
...pagefaults...disk i/o...interrupts.... and so on...

I'd also like to see statistics on when is the busiest time of day,
busiest time of the week and so on...

Being able to look up a snapshot of the system at any given time would
also be nice. Say that on a given time there was a lot of disk i/o going
on, what else was happening at the same time?

Does such a tool exist?

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2