Subject: Re: LS120 no probed
To: Mike Pelley <mikep@winddance.net>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/23/1999 16:13:57
Mike Pelley writes:

> I am using an LS-120 on one machine and a Zip drive on another using
> NetBSD/i386 1.3.2 with the pci ide patches backported by Manuel.  My current
> configuration has both the hard drive and LS120 on the same controller - not
> sure if that makes a difference or not.

Manuel told me about his zip drive documentation mentioned that the zip
drive will not work correctly with certain CDROM drives as master.  The
zip needs to be the master, and the CDROM slave.  This was true with my
LS-120 also, and my CDROM, but only under NetBSD.  Under Windows 98, there
doesn't appear to be any problems with the LS120 being the slave.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.