Subject: Re: THANK YOU!
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/23/1999 13:16:09
Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>  wrote:
 > I just had the overwhelming feeling to say all of you a big THANK YOU for
 > making this all going! I've just installed a new machine with an IDE ZIP
 > drive, and it was recognized (with a -current kernel) without any problem.

Cool!

But before y'all get too gushy, I just want to say that I recently
booted a -current kernel on my P150 that has an IDE SunDisk controller
and card.  It used to show up as wd0 on wdc0 but now it appears to
show up as wd0 and wd1 and then gets some errors on wd1 after autoconfig.

(This is Feb 1st sources)

As shown:

pciide0 at pci0 dev 7 function 1: Intel 82371SB IDE Interfa
ce (PIIX3)
pciide0: bus-master DMA support present
pciide0: primary channel wired to compatibility mode
wd0 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 0: <SunDisk IDE-201>
wd0: drive supports 16-sector pio transfers, chs addressing
wd0 6MB, 192 cyl, 2 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 12288 sectors
wd0: 32-bits data port
wd1 at pciide0 channel 0 drive 1: <SunDisk IDE-201>
wd1: drive supports 16-sector pio transfers, chs addressing
wd1 0MB, 0 cyl, 2 head, 32 sec, 512 bytes/sect x 0 sectors
wd1: 32-bits data port
pciide0: secondary channel wired to compatibility mode
atapibus0 at pciide0 channel 1
cd0 at atapibus0 drive 1: <NEC                 CD-ROM DRIVE:252, , 3.27> type 5 cdrom removable
cd0: 32-bits data port
cd0: drive supports PIO mode 3, DMA mode 1
wd0(pciide0:0:0): using PIO mode 0
wd1(pciide0:0:1): using PIO mode 0
cd0(pciide0:1:1): using PIO mode 0, DMA mode 1 (using DMA data transfers)
pciide0:0:1: recal error (6)
wd1d:  track 0 not found, aborted command reading fsbn 0 (wd1 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying
[...]
wd1: dos partition I/O error