Subject: RE: Add-on PCIIDE card anyone ?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Newhouse <newhouse@pimin.rockhead.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/16/1999 16:26:12
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr> writes:

>Is there somebody out there that own an add-on PCI IDE card which supports
>DMA/Ultra-DMA, and could run some tests for me ?
>It would be nice if we didn't support DMA only for on-motherboard IDE
>controllers for the next release ...

I've asked this before and don't remember receiving any response:

  What PCI IDE cards which support UDMA, and will likely work with Bouyers
  code, exist?

I have some Promise Tech cards and am having a swell time trying to get them
to work.  I'd be willing to buy a couple of cards that are supposed to work
with Manuel's code (assuming the price isn't to outrageous) and be very willing
to test the code.  BUT, I have not been able to find any addon PCI IDE cards
(other than the Promise Techs).

If can ever get my test machine backon line (have just determined the 4th
ASUS P5A is broken) I'll have an full time test machine available for this.

Paul Newhouse
newhouse@rockhead.com