Subject: Re: NCR problems
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/15/1999 08:14:31
On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 11:39:12PM -0800, Matthew Jacob wrote:

> I wouldn't worry about it. On the face of it, it's a disconnect without a
> Save Data Pointer message. This is legal and  a lot of disk drives do it
> on the last segment of a transfer. When you reconnect, you're supposed to
> restore the data pointer to where it was from the last save. If a save
> didn't happen, you obviously restore it from the point previous.

Thanks.  We'll see, I'm running inn on that system now.  I'm not getting
those messages all that often and if they are do not indicate a critical
problem, maybe I'll just ignore them..  The Micropolis works reasonably
fast through the filesystem (around 4.5 MB/sec read/write, according to
dd).

Thanks,

  -jm