Subject: Re: 3com 10/100 Mbit PCMCIA Card?
To: None <mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu>
From: Stefan Grefen <grefen@hprc.tandem.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/14/1999 12:14:44
In message <Pine.SOL.3.96.990213232024.25444A-100000@bitter.mit.edu>  mcmahill@mtl.mit.edu wrote:

> Is anyone working on support for the following card?  I'm using 1.3.3
> right now.  A linux friend stuck the card in his machine and grabbed this
> info.
>
>   manfid 0x0101, 0x5157
>   config_cb base 0x0000 last_index 0x01
>   cftable_entry_cb 0x01 [default]
>     [master]
>     Vcc Vnom 3300mV
>     Vpp1 Vnom 5V
>     io_base 1
>     irq mask 0xffff [level]
>   BAR 1 size 64b [io]
>   vers_1 5.0, "3Com Corporation", "3CCFE575BT", "LAN Cardbus Card",
>     "001"
>   funcid network_adapter [post]
>   cftable_entry_cb 0x00
>

> dmesg says:
>
> pcmcia0 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 0
> com3 at pcmcia0 function 0 port 0x2f8-0x2ff: ns16550a, working fifo
> pcmcia0: card irq 9
> pcmcia1 at pcic0 controller 0 socket 1
> pcic_wait_ready ready never happened

Somebody already pointed out it is a cardbus card and won't work (yet).
But it calrifies another thing. As this is a cardbus card it
is coded for 3.3 V and needs VPP at 5V.
The pcic_wait_ready is what was a hang in older NetBSD versions.

So either the cardbus chip didn't apply power (NEtBSD always uses 5V
which is ok for pcmcia) or needs the power on VPP too, which NetBSD
doesn't turn explicitly on.

I'll upgarde my Laptop to -current and try to figure out which one it
is. I still thinks is VPP, as the socket-codeing for Voltage only
works for CardBus not for PC-cards(Pcmcia) in cardbus slots.

> pcmcia0 is the modem card, pcmcia1 is the ethernet card.
>
> Its a Dell Latitudes Cp.

I think the CardBus bridge is the TI 1130 something or?

Stefan

--
Stefan Grefen                                Tandem Computers Europe Inc.
grefen@hprc.tandem.com                       High Performance Research Center