Subject: trouble generating sound with sb0
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@synap.ne.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/14/1999 12:09:19
Hi,

My kernel probes sb0 and other things as the following:

NetBSD 1.3I (KOO) #11: Wed Feb 10 19:55:24 JST 1999
    root@photon:/koo/s/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/KOO
mainbus0 (root)
isa0 at mainbus0
sb0 at isa0 port 0x220-0x237 irq 5 drq 1: dsp v3.01
midi0 at sb0: <SB MIDI UART>
audio0 at sb0
opl0 at sb0: model OPL3
midi1 at opl0: <SB Yamaha OPL3>

However, I'm unable to generate any sound via audio0.  I tried a
couple of MP3 players from pkgsrc but no sound comes out (sysbeep0
works fine).

I took a peek at Win98 device manager, and it lists resources used by
the driver (YAMAHA OPL3-SAx Sound System driver) as the following:

I/O range	0220-022F
I/O range	0530-0537
I/O range	0388-038F
I/O range	0330-0331
I/O range	0370-0371
IRQ		05
DMA		01
DMA		00

This is a little different from what resources NetBSD thinks the
device uses.

Am I out of luck, or is there anything I can do to get this working?

Thanks,

Ken