Subject: Re: small patch to fix pccons kernel build error
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/13/1999 10:56:15
In message <36C46C5E.3325847E@cyberstation.ca>
          Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca> wrote:
> When I attempt to build a kernel with all of the cool ws stuff, the
> kernel "config" and "make depend" go through without any errors.
> Unfortunately, during the middle of the kernel build ("make"), I
> get the following error:
[...]
> PS. This kernel configuration for a laptop.
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
-
[...]
> # ISA console.  You can only configure one of these!
> pc0     at isa? port 0x60 irq 1         # pccons generic PC console dri=
ver
> #vt0    at isa? port 0x60 irq 1         # PCVT console driver
[...]
> # wscons
> pckbc0  at isa?                 # pc keyboard controller
> pckbd*  at pckbc?               # PC keyboard
> # "opms" should not be enabled together with "pms" or "pmsi"
> pms*            at pckbc?               # PS/2 mouse for wsmouse
> pmsi*           at pckbc?       # PS/2 "Intelli"mouse for wsmouse
> #opms*          at pckbc?               # backwards compatible PS/2 mou=
se
> vga0            at isa?
> vga*            at pci?
> pcdisplay0      at isa?                 # CGA, MDA, EGA, HGA
> wsdisplay*      at vga? console ?
> wsdisplay*      at pcdisplay? console ?
> wskbd*          at pckbd? console ?
> wsmouse*        at pms?
> wsmouse*        at pmsi?
I suppose you only get make errors because you have both pccons and
wscons enabled. If I'm not totally wrong you can have only one of
pccons, PCVT or wscons.

Bye,
  Thilo.
--=20
Mir ist mein Signature entlaufen :-(. Wer es findet, sende es bitte an
Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE zur=FCck. Danke!=20