Subject: Re: PCMCIA modem causes lockup
To: Stefan Grefen <grefen@hprc.tandem.com>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/12/1999 22:06:18
On Fri, Feb 12, 1999 at 08:43:52PM +0100, Stefan Grefen wrote:
> I gues you have a PCI/cardbus bridge. AFAIK it doesn't turn on
> VPP to 5V automaticly like the PCIC chip does.
> If the card uses both as VCC the card is 'half' powered.
> This is a problem with scandisk's (flash memory) too.

Do you mean SanDisk compact FLASH cards, perhaps?  They don't have
any Vpp inputs at all.  All they need is +5V (or +3.3V) to the two
Vcc pins (13 and 38 in the Compact FLASH connector).

When I insert a SanDisk card to my laptop, the PCMCIA controller
reports that "power is not ON" to the card, even though every control
bit is in the correct state.  Haven't had the time to do more debugging
for a few days..

  -jm