Subject: Re: need quick opinions
To: None <jwjr@panix.com>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/12/1999 13:43:31
>I will very likely be purchasing a Sony Vio.  Possible model numbers
>are:
>
>pcg505tx
>pcg505ts
>
>I may also look for the equivalent with a larger screen -- don't have
>the model numbers now.

I believe that's the RX.

>Has anyone had any really bad experiences with these?  Can anyone warn
>me against particular models?  Can anyone assure me of particular
>models' suitability for use with current?

I have one, and I love it.  It's my understanding that all of the 505 models
are the same except for various add-ons (faster clock, more memory, larger
hard drive, FireWire, etc etc).  I have the basic 505G.

The only thing wrong with it now is that the CD-ROM drive still has some
problems under -current (I'm working on it, but it's way down on my list
right now).  It should at least probe alright now, which is better than
it used to be :-/

--Ken