Subject: Re: df and du out of sync
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: James Webster <James3838@tsi-net.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/10/1999 11:25:43
Since df reports the correct number after rebooting, I'd tend to think that
it is a file that was opened by a process, and then deleted(my original
suspicion).

Is there a method of determining which process it may be?

I am using newsyslog to rotate my logs.  Another possibility is mail, which
is on the same /var partition.  I can't think of any other files on that
partition that would be constantly created and deleted.