Subject: Re: medium errors with AHA-1542CF and TEAC CD-R
To: None <mirian@xensei.com>
From: Bernd Salbrechter <salb@hell.gud.siemens.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/10/1999 10:16:25
To: Mirian Crzig Lennox <mirian@xensei.com>

> > cd0(aha0:4:0): medium error, data = 00 00 00 25 09 02 00 00 00 00
> > Input/output error
> Assuming you transcribed it correctly, that message translates to
> `FOCUS SERVO FAILED' according to the SCSI 2 spec, which honestly
> doesn't sound like an OS issue.

Try to wait a minute or two between inserting the disk and first access. I
got errors (don't remember what) in the case I insert a medium to the
SCSI CD-Reader or DAT-Tape and access it imidetly. After reading the
manpages of the used commands, they work as I typed it before, since
then I alway try a command on a changed medium a few minutes later,
if I get errors.

BTW: Has anyone experinece with an
  i486-50DX2,
  20MB,