Subject: Re: Disk Problems(sysinst)
To: David Guynn <dguynn@geocities.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/07/1999 18:58:22
On Feb 7, David Guynn wrote
> Hello again,
>
> I just used the wonderful FIPS utility to split my 13.6 gig drive into two
> nice partitions:
>
> Win/DOS  9868 MB
> Empty        3082 MB
>
> which adds up to be 12951 mb (okay, so the box lied) When I run sysinst, on
> the partition
> screen, it shows the screen, but for the partitions it shows are:
>
> Partition    Start      End        Size
>     0               0        9869       9869      Unknown
>
> THis is all well and fine, so I make a NetBSD partition, starts at 9870,
> size, 3080. It sets the partition type, but not my sizes. PLEASE HELP!!!

Sysinst doesn't handle well >8Gb disks yet. You'll have to do this by hand
using fdisk (I'm not sure this one handle >8Gb disks well either).
Maybe sysinst will work properly after that ...

And you'll have to install the new, -current boot blocks, which use the
int13 extention. The "tradidtional" BIOS call can't address over the 8Gb limit.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>