Subject: Re: gnome core dumps
To: None <09861931041@t-online.de>
From: Brian Stark <bstark@siemens-psc.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/06/1999 21:55:56
On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Jochen Schmidt wrote:

> I've tried to install gnome from the 1.3.3 packages
> The pkg_add worked but now if I start e.g panel it core dumps with segv.
> It seems that some apps cannot load the pictures in /usr/X11R6/share/pixmaps/
>
> Had anyone other better results?

I wasn't aware that there was a package for gnome for NetBSD, but I have
installed the latest sources for gnome and panel coredumps too. I posted a
message to netbsd-help the other day because gdb refuses to recognize the
core dump as a valid core dump file even though "file" does. So far, no
one has explained to me why gdb won't recognize that.

Anyway, I guess it dosn't matter if you are using the package system or
not, but the current version of gnome is just buggy. I had gnome
working in December, but it was very slow on my P-166 system.

Brian

| Brian Stark                       | Internet : bstark@siemens-psc.com |
| Siemens PT&D, LLC                 | Voice    : +1 612 536-4697        |
| Power Systems Control Division    | Fax      : +1 612 536-4919        |
| 7225 Northland Drive, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 55428   USA            |