Subject: Re: APM problems
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/05/1999 17:58:11
On Fri, Feb 05, 1999 at 05:38:54PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> The problem is that the driver has no way to know that the disk has been put
> in sleep mode, and it needs a reset to wakeup. So what currently happens is:

Is there a way to "help" the driver by e.g. issuing some command in
the /etc/apm/suspend script that we will suspend and that it might
be that the drive/bus needs a reset? On wakeup the driver could
either directly send a reset or just use a shorter timeout.

--
          See <a href="http://www.netbsd.org">NetBSD</a> for a multiplatform OS
wunderwunderschoen verabreitet, alle Schweissnaete und Gussteile sind zum