Subject: Re: NetBSD/i386 Jan 31 1999 snapshot
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/03/1999 14:52:57
Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi> writes:

> Sorry for the stupid question, but how do I configure the virtual
> console using wscons?

You need to MAKEDEV ttyE*, and add them to /etc/ttys

> Also, how do I set a Scandinavian keyboard for wscons? "man wscons"
> wasn't too helpful, I'm afraid. :(

I have a patch for Swedish (same as Finnish) layout, but I think that
the interface to the kernel pretty much sucks, so I don't know if I
should just send-pr it, or if I should fix things more thoroughly.

In the meantime, I guess that the following should do the trick:

# wsconsctl -w encoding=dk
# wsconsctl -w map+='
keycode 12 = plus question backslash
keycode 27 = dead_diaeresis dead_circumflex dead_tilde
keycode 39 = odiaeresis
keycode 40 = adiaeresis
keycode 41 = paragraph onehalf
keycode 86 = less greater bar'