Subject: Re: NetBSD/i386 CD-ROM image for testing
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <fessel@DeTeMobil.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/02/1999 15:50:36
--==_Exmh_752107564P

In message <199902012238.XAA07298@vader.runit.sintef.no>you write:
> Hi,
>
> for those of you who have the hardware, the patience and the
> inclination I've put up a (hopefully) bootable CD-ROM image of
> NetBSD/i386 on
>
>     ftp://kopp.ntnu.no/pub/NetBSD/local/i386-cd-19990131.img
>
> It's rather large, some 130MB, but contains essentially all of the
> code from the snapshot I just announced.
>
> I've not tried to burn and boot from the resulting CD-ROM myself
> (yet), but I could at least mount the image via a vnode device after
> construction.

It does not boot on a IBM Thinpkpad 600.  It is bootable, but the system will
not show any sign of executing the bootstrap to the point where there is some
info displayed.  The screen just displays a curser in the upper left hand
corner.

It boots fine on a Digital Server 1000 (Ver 1.05), but you cant reboot or halt
the machine from the install menu.  reboot works for m commandline, though.
And I have not tried to run the installation procedure on this machine.

Grüße
        Oskar

--==_Exmh_752107564P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBNrcQvLA63tqjeAhZAQE1HQQAgGkV6MdsD35c4K+2h9F3VCrafrebnE2v
SJ7aUkBEIScpRdb1sAw795GIBdgpHM1BLx8VnjHiWJd3AXMlo/f/kV82eSeXbtpp
QDalg1AD2F+CXamVMKSSJieMcYCtoXaiUfZngh0f+luIZBy25oApF3CZop+9KHzl
0hNM5LxniUY=
=8Os0
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_752107564P--