Subject: Seg fault with sysinst and new (31/1) snapshot
To: 'port-i386@netbsd.org' <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Yoav Cohen-Sivan <yoavcs@inter.net.il>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/02/1999 15:34:21
I downloaded the binary sets and floppies for the new snapshot, and am =
having trouble installing them.

Basically, sysinst proceeds all the way through =
partitioning/disklabeling. But, once I answer 'yes' to the "this is your =
last chance to abort before disk changes are made prompt", I get the =
following error messages:

	uid 0 on /: file system full
	/: write failed, file system is full

	Segmentation fault

And I am dropped into a shell.

I have the sysinst.core file (around 40k) if anyone wants me to mail it.
df shows the file system as only 93% full, including the sysinst.core =
file.

The only thing special I am trying to do is install off of an MSDOS =
partition. At first, I went to the Utility menu, dropped to a shell and =
created an /msdos dir. I then mounted the msdos filesystem on it. After =
having sysinst crash, I rebooted, and this time I skipped this part and =
went straight ahead to defining the msdos partition in the disklabeling =
phase of sysinst. I was hoping to use an "unmounted local filesystem" as =
the source of the .tgz's.

Both of these procedures worked for installing 1.3.3.

The system is a:
Pentium/133 - 430HX chipset
48MB RAM, 256K cache
EIDE 2.5GB HD, a 1gig primary partition for NT and the rest on a primary =
part for NetBSD
ATAPI CD-ROM as slave to the HD

the .tgz's are sitting in a directory on the NT part (which is FAT-16)

Any help appreciated,
Yoav