Subject: NetBSD/i386 CD-ROM image for testing
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/01/1999 23:38:17
Hi,

for those of you who have the hardware, the patience and the
inclination I've put up a (hopefully) bootable CD-ROM image of
NetBSD/i386 on

    ftp://kopp.ntnu.no/pub/NetBSD/local/i386-cd-19990131.img

It's rather large, some 130MB, but contains essentially all of the
code from the snapshot I just announced.

I've not tried to burn and boot from the resulting CD-ROM myself
(yet), but I could at least mount the image via a vnode device after
construction.

The directory tree on the CD-ROM image adheres to release(7) with
the checksum files omitted.  It uses the 2.88MB boot image produced
from the newly committed bootfloppy-big/ directory.  The extra free
space that gives us on the boot image will hopefully be sufficient
for the foreseeable future.  Furthermore, it is my hope that this
CD-ROM image will hopefully result in a bootable CD-ROM on all
machines which can boot directly from CD-ROM.

Regards,

- H=E5vard