Subject: XF86Setup on Thinkpad 600E?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/31/1999 09:16:40
Does anyone have a good XF86Config file for the Thinkpad 600E?  This particular
modell has a NeoMagic 256AV chip (which I think is also known as the 2200).
I have one that works well enough with the built-in screen, but I haven't
been able to build one that handles the LCD, an external monitor (in my
case, the ViewSonic 17), and switching between them.  Among the oddities
are that when I fire up X, the LCD comes on (in a weird mode), even if
the external monitor had been the sole device in use.  It takes several
presses of fn+F7 to stop that.  Switching between the monitor and the LCD
yields
a shortened image of the screen on the LCD, but I get a normal dual image
if I wait until it blanks the display and turns off the monitor, and then
resume.