Subject: wd0: read intr before drq
To: 386 Port NetBSD <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Scott Presnell <srp@zgi.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/30/1999 21:26:23
Hi Folks,
        I'm trying to work with an old "Caliber 386" that's been updated
to a Cyrix 486.  I can boot off the 1.3.2 install floppy, get the
network
connection started, but then I'm hit with:

        wd0: read intr before drq

ad infinitum.

I booted up again and tried to execute "disklabel wd0", at a shell
prompt
and got the same error.

I took a look at the code, but I see no hints in how to deal with this.
The disk is a old Maxtor 7120AT, original to the machine. The disk works
fine with Windows95 installed - I booted as that just before booting the
NetBSD floppy.

I'd really like to get this machine going under NetBSD.

Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

        Thanks.

        - Scott Presnell (srp@zgi.com)