Subject: APM problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/28/1999 17:04:25
A friend of mine just installed on a Thinkpad model 600. He reports:

   Power management is behaving very badly for me.  Closing the lid
   seems to go to standby, not suspend, a surprise (standby keeps the
   fan going on my machine).  Device drivers need to know that they
   should shut up during a suspend, and how to resume afterwards -- I get
   assorted errors, including from the disk driver, during standby.  And
   I have trouble waking up after suspend -- the disk doesn't restart,
   though the screen is repainted.  I've resumed successfully at most
   once, and maybe zero times -- the one success was before I noticed
   the 'standby' business, and I don't remember how I initiated that one.

Anyone else have any experience with APM on the '600, or other ideas?
I want to help him debug this before he installs another operating
system...

Perry