Subject: Re: Free Phone
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/27/1999 21:45:58
Jukka Marin wrote

> Some time ago I asked about netphone software that would run under
> NetBSD.  Free Phone is available for linux and freebsd and I guess
> it might run under NetBSD's emulation.
>
> The URL is http://www-sop.inria.fr/rodeo/fphone/index.html
>
> I just tried the FreeBSD version (statically linked) under NetBSD 1.3F.
> It runs, but when I click to start talking, it stops responding to any
> commands and starts eating up all CPU time.  I have linked /dev/dsp to
> /dev/audio because Free Phone wants to use /dev/dsp.
>
> This program looks nice and I'd like to use it.. any ideas why it doesn't
> work under NetBSD?

BTW: you may be able to request the source code via email from INRIA.
I've done so and yet to receive a reply.

They also distribute a CD-ROM which contains a number of very nice
applications including SciLab, a package I use in place of MatLab.

cheerio Berndt
--
Name	: Berndt Josef Wulf
E-Mail	: wulf@ping.net.au