Subject: Re: pci mode in config file?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/26/1999 07:20:55
Rene Hexel <rh@idle.trapdoor.vip.at> typed:
:Patrick Welche wrote:
:>         options PCI_CONF_MODE 1
:  Well, the option syntax would be
:  options PCI_CONF_MODE=1
:  (given that it exists, which I haven't checked)

Excerpt from  /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/pci/pci_machdep.c :

 * On PCs, there are two methods of generating PCI configuration cycles.
 * We try to detect the appropriate mechanism for this machine and set
 * up a few function pointers to access the correct method directly.
 *
 * The configuration method can be hard-coded in the config file by
 * using `options PCI_CONF_MODE=N', where `N' is the configuration mode
 * as defined section 3.6.4.1, `Generating Configuration Cycles'.

--
Geoff Wing   <gcw@pobox.com>            Mobile : (Australia) 0412 162 441
Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/   Ego URL: http://pobox.com/~gcw/