Subject: Re: AX.25 Amateur Packet Radio Protocol:wq!
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/24/1999 12:38:17
On 24.01.99, 12:05:07, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:
> G'day,
>
> does NetBSD support the ax.25 protocol and if not, will it in future?
> I like to run Amateur Packet-Radio software on my system but found it lacking
> the support.

Depends on what you want to do. I am a radio amateur, but I only use a
TNC to connect to a digipeater (using AX.25/DAMA) with the 'TNT'
software) once in a while to chat, and I do not use TCP/IP via radio
links.

> Linux supports ax.25 but I prefer to stick to BSD - naturally
> ;)

I'm not exactly sure what the AX.25 kernel implementation in Linux
does, much less do I know if NetBSD will have any such thing.

> cheerio Berndt
> --
> Name	: Berndt Josef Wulf
> E-Mail	: wulf@ping.net.au
> Sysinfo	: DEC AXPpci33+, NetBSD-1.3.2

You might consider upgrading to 1.3.3. Not that it does AX.25, but
fixes some bugs.

--
Bernd Sieker

Windows. Just say No.