Subject: Re: installed, but can't boot
To: NetBSD/i386 Discussion List <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@most.weird.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/21/1999 21:26:07
[ On Thu, January 21, 1999 at 18:57:41 (-0600), Frederick Bruckman wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: installed, but can't boot
>
> Did you run installboot? That's the final step if you're doing it all
> by hand.

Definitely.

I'm an old pro at custom boot blocks.  I've been building them for years
for several different operating systems and I just re-wrote all the
console selection policy code for NetBSD-i386 too.  In fact I can almost
decode an fdisk partition in hex or octal without a reference book....
Fortunately I've long since forgotten far more than I re-remembered over
the past few days....  ;-)

--
							Greg A. Woods