Subject: Re: Toshiba Libretto and NetBSD
To: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/20/1999 19:12:04
On Wed, Jan 20, 1999 at 05:53:40PM -0500, Brad Spencer wrote:

> Hello...
>
> Has anyone successfully installed NetBSD on a Toshiba Libretto model
> 110CT, a mini-notebook [or any model for that matter]??  Did the
> experience go well??  Problems, etc... ???

Worked fine on my Libretto 50.

Caveat: The Libretto 50 requires at least the amount of memory in the machine
as empty space at the end of the disk; this space must be *completely
unallocated in the fdisk partition table*.  This required me to repartition
and reinstall after I upgraded my machine from 16MB to 32MB.  I recommend
simply setting aside enough cylinders at the end of the disk to handle the
maximum amount of memory the machine can hold, when you originally install.

Caveat #2: the Libretto 110 probably has a video chip which will require
a commercial X server (various Linux/FreBSD binary-only ones work) to
work well.  At least I believe that was true of the 100.  My Libretto 50
uses a fairly commonplace CT65554, so this was not an issue.

	"And where do all these highways go, now that we are free?"