Subject: Re: Problems booting NetBSD
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: None <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/18/1999 14:22:19
Thanks for all the replies...

In answer to the IRQ responses/questions...   (and I don't have the machine
handy right here at work...  but from memory... )  I think it was IRQ 10 or
11, DMA 1, I/O address 330.  I think.  Its all the defaults for the AHA1542
anyways... the only switch I changed was to disable the floppy (using the
motherboard floppy ctlr).

There is no sound card installed, and no network card (yet, anyways)...  In
fact, the only two cards in the system right now are the PCI video (Diamond
Mach) and the Adaptec SCSI.

Oh, and termination should be ok...  the Adaptec is set to Auto-terminate
(yes, I tried setting it to manual since there is nothing hooked up
externally... still NG)... the Hard drive is in the middle, unterminated, and
the CD-ROM is on the end of the cable & terminated.   I just found another
cable to try, just in case.. but I doubt it will matter since the one that I
used was running for years in an old 486 Novell server.

Pete Hufnagel
CaptnZilog@aol.com