Subject: Re: IRQ sharing question
To: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/11/1999 08:35:09
> i386 ISA bus?  I think I will submit a pr for i386/isa_machdep.c to
> atleast add a kernel option to prevent i386 ISA IRQ sharing.  It certainly
> isn't the case that i386 ISA edge triggered interrupts are usually
                                                             ~~~~~~~
> sharable (as the code would suggest).

They are if your hardware is designed for this. Most peripherals aren't,
but neither we nor the kernel are the ones to know - the user configuring
it's kernel should decide!

Maybe we could expand "config" to allow the specification of a warning
message for certain locators if their value isn't unique?

Martin