Subject: Re: 100 MBit PCMCIA ethernet card
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/06/1999 00:20:00
Jason Thorpe writes:
> On Tue, 5 Jan 1999 09:21:28 GMT
>  christos@zoulas.com (Christos Zoulas) wrote:
>
>  > This is not the answer to the question. 3c905B is PCI no PCMCIA.
>  > The answer is probably not; most PCMCIA 100Mbit adapters that I've
>  > encountered so far are cardbus, and we don't support cardbus (yet).
>
> There are at least 2 100mbps PCMCIA Ethernet cards.  One is the 3c574,
> which I took a stab at supporting, but it's not complete yet (i.e. doesn't
> seem to work, and I don't have hardware with which to work on it further).
>
> The other is one of the newer Xircom CreditCard models.  These are not yet
> supported at all.
>
> Apparently, there are also some NE2000 clone PCMCIA cards which will also do
> 100mbps.  It shouls be fairly easy to support these.

Also, there is the SMC 8032DT Etherpower 10/100 Cardbus adapter. It
is basically a DEC 21143 on cardbus.  Windows 98 thinks it is a PCI
ethernet adapter.  How hard is it to attach a cardbus as a PCI bus?
Considering how well the 2114x chips are supported, shouldn't this be
a relatively easy card to support?  (yes I have one..)

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.