Subject: Re: Parallel port problem
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Thilo Manske <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/04/1999 19:53:31
> > Now printing is very slow both with and without Ghostscript: a single=
 page
> > can take two hours. I think that the PC is sending data to the printe=
> > continuosly
>=20
> I can only tell a "mee too" - I see the same effect on NetBSD/i386
> current on a Toshiba Tecra 500CDT also with a HP Deskjet 690C. I did
AFAIR it's a bug in the 690 firmware/interface. This printer doesn't
follow all centronics/epp/etc. specifications correctly.
I had this problem on my RISC PC running RISC OS as well until I got a
patched driver that included a workaround.

Bye,
  Thilo.
--=20
Mir ist mein Signature entlaufen :-(. Wer es findet, sende es bitte an
Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE zur=FCck. Danke!=20