Subject: Re: Parallel port problem
To: None <Federico_Lupi@www.datasys.it>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/04/1999 16:11:10
Hello!

> Now printing is very slow both with and without Ghostscript: a single page
> can take two hours. I think that the PC is sending data to the printer
> continuosly

I can only tell a "mee too" - I see the same effect on NetBSD/i386
current on a Toshiba Tecra 500CDT also with a HP Deskjet 690C. I did
not try to print via lpa0 though, but I will give it a shot
if it really boosts the printing :) Until now I thought its "normal"
cause I mainly print postscript papers via ghostscipt - but I found
it very annoying to wait that long for a single page when laser printes
spill them out dozens time more quick...

Unfortunatly I have no idea on how to fix that. Just wanted to report
that someone else sees this too.

Greets
--
   Name  : Thorsten Frueauf            Milano@irc cri@onaliM       //