Subject: Re: DMA spinning down EIDE?
To: None <Thilo.Manske@HEH.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/01/1999 21:18:13
Thilo Manske writes:
> Yes, IDE drives can do their powermanagement by themselves, it seems to
> be switched on for your drive.
> You can disable it with the atactl tool (eg. atactl wd0 idletime 0) wich
> comes with -current.

Thanks for the response.  It seems that the BIOS settings might have been
hosed up.  Everything on the power management screen was disabled.  I did
a "load from BIOS defaults", then disabled power management, and it seems
to be ok.  Anyway, for whatever reason it was powering down, it doesn't
appear that the pciide driver was able to handle it.  I will keep an
eye on it, and dig into it deeper if it starts happening again.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.