Subject: CDrecord
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/31/1998 07:04:52
Hi,

I am using cdrecord version 1.6.1 built from the packages on NetBSD 1.3.
(I know I should upgrade to 1.3.x.) I am using a Yamaha CRW4260 CDR drive
(it is listed as being capable with cdrecord) and an Adaptec 2940UW SCSI
card. On boot-up, the SCSI card and CDR drive seem to be recognized OK.

ahc1 at pci0 dev 10 function 0
ahc1: interrupting at irq 9
ahc1: aic7880 Wide Channel, SCSI Id=3D7, 16 SCBs
scsibus0 at ahc1 channel 0: 16 targets
cd0 at scsibus0 targ 3 lun 0: <YAMAHA, CRW4260, 1.0h> SCSI2 5/cdrom
removable

I was able to create an image file using mkisofs without any problems.
However, when I try to write to a CD, I get the following message:

Cdrecord release 1.6.1 Copyright (C) 1995-1998 J=F6rg Schilling
TOC Type: 1 =3D CD-ROM
scsidev: '0,3,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 3 lun: 0
cdrecord: No such file or directory. Cannot open SCSI driver.

Any help, advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/