Subject: Re: How to install NetBSD-1.3.3 with partition-id 169?
To: Ruey-Shyang Guo <rsguo@ms25.hinet.net>
From: Alicia da Conceicao <alicia@cyberstation.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/28/1998 20:08:20
--------------FCBDD7746AAEF88DBFB763C8

Ruey-Shyang Guo wrote:
> The NetBSD-1.3.3's fdisk recognize partition-id 169, but 'sysinst' still
> use old id(165) for install even I do 'fresh' installation. Can someone
> tell me how to install with partition-id 169, especially use whole disk?
> What's different between installation of whole disk and installation of
> a slice include whole disk?
> Thanks for your answer!!

A better question might be how to change the sys-id of our currently
running NetBSD slices from 165 to 169, in such a way as to not change
our disklabel, slices (partitions), boot configuration, etc.

Has anyone made such a program to harmlessly change our sys-id to 169?

Thanks in advance.  Sincerely, Alicia.
--------------FCBDD7746AAEF88DBFB763C8

begin:          vcard
fn:             Alicia da Conceicao
n:              da Conceicao;Alicia
org:            Cyberstation Inc.
adr:            121 Richmond Street West, Suite 1104;;;Toronto;Ontario;M5H-2G4;Canada
email;internet: alicia@cyberstation.ca
title:          VP of Technology
tel;work:       416-860-9378
tel;fax:        416-860-9380