Subject: Re: ISA attachment for ESS 1869?
To: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@MIT.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/24/1998 03:28:22
>My laptop has an ESS 1869 sound chip in it, but it doesn't show up on
>the isapnp bus (which is strange; I thought they had built-in support
>for ISA PnP). So, I'm wondering if an ISA attachment would work... is
>anyone working on one?

	I've been working on one as part of my work on extending the
ess driver to deal with the 1788 chip (which is what my laptop has). I
think what I have should work with an ISA version of the
1888/1887/888, but I have no way to test that. If the 1869 is close
enough to the 1888 it may work for that as well; I'm not sure of the
degree of difference between those models.

	If you like, when I get back to my development system in about
a week I can send you the ISA attachment I have, and you can tell me
what happens...

	- Nathan