Subject: Re: OSS won't run on NetBSD 1.3I
To: None <alicia@cyberstation.ca>
From: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/23/1998 20:48:38
> 16 bit stereo audio support for my ESS 1879 audio chip.
Well, maybe I'll have a look at the 1879 data sheet then. :-)

> Besides,
> it looks like there is a lot of decent Unix audio software that supports
> oss.
Yes, but they usually run on NetBSD as well.  Linux and FreeBSD binaries
use the OSS emulation in the kernel.  Programs with source can be linked
with the osslib which makes them work with virtually no changes.

>  I would also gladly pay a few bucks for any who has a NetBSD driver
> for my laptop's winmodem, that would allow me to use PPP.
Good luck!  Winmodems are an abomination. :-)

     -- Lennart