Subject: Re: ex0: unable to wake up from power state D3
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/17/1998 20:37:09
On Mon, 07 Dec 1998 20:13:16 +1100  Giles Lean wrote:

> I'm trying to get -current running on a HP Kayak XA/s machine with a
> 3com 3c509B card in it.
         ^^^3c905B, of course ...

> At boot time I get the following messages:
>
> ex0: pci0 dev 17 function 0: 3Com 3c509B-TX Ethernet
> ex0: unable to wake up from power state D3

I got back to look at this problem again, and found that the card
probed correctly after I had installed an ISA ethernet card and
carefully excluded its IRQ and memory address from being used for
plug'n'play.

As there was not even a driver for the ISA card configured into the
kernel this is pretty definitely a hardware/BIOS problem.  The machine
might be old enough now for there to be a BIOS update, cross fingers.

Thanks to all who offered assistance, including Jason Thorpe, Frank
van der Linden and Jonathan Stone.

"PC Architecture" is an oxymoron!  :-(

Regards,

Giles