Subject: Extended partitions
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jesper Nilsson <jesper@df.lth.se>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/16/1998 10:58:38
Tjo!

Has anyone tried to make NetBSD grok the DOS extended partitions?
My immediate concern is the possibility of installing NetBSD
on a machine where all primary partitions are used.

If anyone has the code (no matter how crufty) please contact me.
Otherwise, I'll be spending some time crafting some crufty code
myself. I want NetBSD on this machine. (Dual Celeron@450)

Also, I remember someone talking about using more than 8 partitions
in NetBSD, does anyone have a pointer?
This might be needed since there is no limit on the number of
extended partitions in the DOS disklabel.

/^JN - Jesper Nilsson
--
              I've heard of UNIseX, but I've never had it.
                  Jesper Nilsson -- jesper@df.lth.se