Subject: Ayone using Intel EtherExpress 16 ISA?
To: 'port-i386@NetBSD.org' <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/16/1998 09:35:42
I have an old Intel EtherExpress 16 ISA card that I've been trying to
use with NetBSD. This is a 16-bit ISA Ethernet adapter with AUI and BNC
connectors.

I can't get the card to probe, I've tried 1.3.2, 1.3E and 1.3H. The card
simply never shows up. I'd expect it to probe as ie1 on 1.3.2 and ix0 on
later generic kernels.

The card works fine with Windoze, and I've double-checked the card's
settings (I/O 0x300, IRQ 10) using the SOFTSET.EXE utility from Intel.

The machine is a 486 ISA/VLB machine with no other cards installed
(except a VLB Mach32 graphics card and a VLB IDE/FDC/serial/parallel
multi I/O controller).

Anyone else have this card? Did you get it to probe?

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Helliesen   | Bergen IT Consult AS  | NetBSD/VAX on a uVAX II
Systems Consultant | Bergen, Norway        | '86 Jaguar Sovereign 4.2