Subject: Re: ... cut me a custom boot floppy? One last question.
To: 'port-i386@netbsd.org' <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Pete Pinter <Pete.Pinter@TELUS.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/15/1998 09:50:56
Solved!

Thanks to Phil Nelson and Andrew Gillham for bailing me out. The custom boot
floppy worked like a charm, finding all my IDE drives and CDROM.

After spending half the night shuffling partitions (NT4 & Win95), I now have
netBSD installable to a dedicated drive. Very Pleased.

One final question: as well as the boot.fs file, I received a new custom
kernel file (netbsd.gz) from my benefactors. I understand I need to get this
file onto my hard drive prior to initially booting netBSD, but I'm stuck on
how to get the file mv'd onto the new installation.

What syntax to, say, mount_msdos do I need to get my netbsd kernel file
copied from a floppy, etc.?

Once again, apologies for being such a neophyte, but I'd appreciate one last
tip to get me booted (Multi-boot questions notwithstanding).

Many thanks to all, and especially Phil and Andrew!

Cheers,
/p2