Subject: wd driver question
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Kennedy <robert@Theory.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/14/1998 17:50:33
I have looked at (what I think is) the code for the wd driver in 1.3.1
(or is it 1.3.2?) and there appears to be nothing that sets the
WDF_32BIT flag. That's the flag bit that signals the driver that the
disk is capable of 32-bit port I/O transfers.

Am I missing something, or do we never set that bit? If we don't set
it, why not?

Is this bit the same thing as "32-bit disk access" under MS-Windoze
for Workgroups? I don't think it is, but I figure I should ask.

Is this bit the same thing as "32-bit file access" under MS-Windoze
for Workgroups? I don't have a suspicion one way or the other about
this question.

	-- Robert